The Hektor Heresy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bulwark

2 posters

Go down

The Bulwark Empty The Bulwark

Post by Magos Extemarus Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:47 am

Just settin up a topic for now.

Discussion of Space Tortuga to follow.
Magos Extemarus
Magos Extemarus

Back to top Go down

The Bulwark Empty Re: The Bulwark

Post by Magos Extemarus Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:55 am

Ahoy, fellas!
So, I'll just be usin this place to put up random ideas so I don't forget them.

For today;

Arelon will now be a desert planet with scare resources; the moving castles are the primary form of habitation on the world, with medium-sized, cave-based societies also existing.

Arelon is a circumbinary planet; a steamy wasteland with no natural flora or fauna outside of the cave systems. Because of this, the initial settlers began farming communities spread out across the cave systems of the planet; the castles could only produce so much food, so the communes became integral parts of the planet's economy and survival.

The castles regularly ventured out into the sun-baked wasteland in order to power their systems via large solar-conversion arrays and collect water from evaporators. This eventually lead to a sort of rotation system; each castle would establish several fiefs within their respective cave systems, and it would trade water for food from each farm as the castles ambled along their route.

However, due to the nature of man, those in power within the castles eventually began to think of themselves as better than their farming counterparts, and subjugated them.

This leads to the Arelon of 30k being a feudal society full of "Help, I'm being repressed!"

Thoughts, fellas?
Magos Extemarus
Magos Extemarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magos Extemarus Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:13 am

Also;
Sebastian as a Psyker; Y/N?
I can give more input about how I feel about this, but it's come up a few times and I'm curious about your initial, gut feeling.
Magos Extemarus
Magos Extemarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogerius Merrill Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 am

I'm not sure.
I think Sebastian as a pure psyker could be avoided for now, but having a lingering idea along the lines of "evidence that all the Primarchs have psychic abilities" might be beneficial.
Rogerius Merrill
Rogerius Merrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Magos Extemarus Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:32 am

Rogerius Merrill wrote:I'm not sure.
I think Sebastian as a pure psyker could be avoided for now, but having a lingering idea along the lines of "evidence that all the Primarchs have psychic abilities" might be beneficial.

Oh no, not full psyker; I'm not talking Shakes (Primarch of the Eyes) kinda level psyker stuff.
More like a Prescience or general overview of the battle sorta stuff. Nothing direct; all support focused abilities.
Magos Extemarus
Magos Extemarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogerius Merrill Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:22 pm

I think that sounds like a good idea. As far as Space Tortuga, my only issue is that it might be cutting a little close to the Iron Hands' home planet. Aside from that, I like it.
Rogerius Merrill
Rogerius Merrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Magos Extemarus Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:55 am

Rogerius Merrill wrote:I think that sounds like a good idea. As far as Space Tortuga, my only issue is that it might be cutting a little close to the Iron Hands' home planet. Aside from that, I like it.

Pshaw, implying Space Tortuga won't be a giant, mobile space station Laughing
As for being a bit like Medusa, I tried to stray away from that; rather than having them be nomadic across the planet due to the environment, it's more of a cycle, sorta like Chrome Shelled Regios.

Funny enough, though, I had the thought before realizing it was similar to Regios.
Magos Extemarus
Magos Extemarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum