The Hektor Heresy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wine and Cheese with Papa Lumey

4 posters

Go down

Wine and Cheese with Papa Lumey Empty Wine and Cheese with Papa Lumey

Post by Lumey Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 am

I'm calling for an informal IRC meetup.  Decipher the mystery code below to find the time (it's 11pm on the 1st of August, UTC).

timeanddateDOTcom/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150801T23&p1=1440
Lumey
Lumey

Back to top Go down

Wine and Cheese with Papa Lumey Empty Re: Wine and Cheese with Papa Lumey

Post by The Voidwatcher Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 am

On the same IRC channel we were using before?
The Voidwatcher
The Voidwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumey Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:27 am

Yeah, #HektorHeresy on irc.thisisnotatrueending.com/HektorHeresy
Lumey
Lumey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumey Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 pm

As we're meeting informally, I don't want to have a strict agenda.  But the talking points I have in mind are:

1. Discussing a method for regular working meetings.
  2. Putting together a list of questions for a Hektor Heresy FAQ.
  3. Snakes.
  4. The shape of this forum.
Lumey
Lumey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogerius Merrill Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:43 pm

4. Rectangular, with rounded edges.
Rogerius Merrill
Rogerius Merrill

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistofCain Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:52 pm

How did the IRC chat go? Just great! We talked about plenty of stuff, like the Primordial Brotherhood...

4:39:58 PM Alexandri  They take notes from Deathwatch but they're like
4:40:03 PM Alexandri  Black Legion had a baby with Deathwatch.
4:40:37 PM Aubrey  aye sounds good.
4:40:57 PM Brennus  That sounds pretty interesting. So there's more of a council of leaders than just one tyrant
4:41:00 PM Brennus  ?
4:41:32 PM Alexandri  Yes but then one of them is able to become Tyrant and then leads a Black Crusade.
4:41:34 PM Alexandri  "The Crimson Horde"(Dark Red, Light Red, Gold), "The Golden Host"(Gold, White, and Red), "The Transhuman Cohort"(Blue, Dark Blue, White).

4:55:35 PM Froggy  I think the long-run view on Chaos is that the Primordial Brotherhood is a partial success - they get a decent core together and have good relations with some of the other warbands, but can't unify the full might of the Traitors behind them.  Elenkor's arrival on the scene is the harbinger of a united Chaos threat remerging in the End Times.
4:56:05 PM Arelex  It feels like the Primordial Brotherhood is kind of like the Weimar Republic. Something that only barely works, for a short time, and is swept away eventually by a dynamic leader and his "warband".
4:56:31 PM Arelex  Something that is a significant event, but ultimately fails because it's still too much of the mentality of the original Legions, not something that accepts the fluidity of Chaos.

we also brainstormed about a new name for the PB:
9:02:28 PM Alexandri  What's wrong with the names Arelex?
9:03:35 PM Arelex  They just feel cumbersome and awkward. "Transhuman" isn't a word I associate Marines with thinking of themselves as, or knowing in general. They're just Marines.
9:03:47 PM Arelex  It sounds like a different flavor of sci-fi, basically.

9:13:24 PM Brennus  Marines Transcendant?
9:13:45 PM Alexandri  That's a good one.
9:13:51 PM Alexandri  I want to replace Marines.
9:14:05 PM Alexandri  Order Militant Transcendant?
9:14:09 PM Alexandri  No.
9:14:12 PM Alexandri  Argh.
9:14:18 PM Arelex  Transkendos Legio? Astrancendos?
9:14:21 PM Brennus  Knights Transcendant?
9:14:29 PM Arelex  Marinus Innovatum?
9:14:37 PM Arelex  Novastartes?
9:14:46 PM Alexandri  Astartes Transcendant.

9:26:46 PM Froggy  Undivided... Brotherhood/Cohort?
9:27:06 PM Alexandri  Undivided Brotherhood could be a good one.
9:27:12 PM Arelex  Well, that puts me in mind of the "Primordial Truth" that Chaos is described as.
9:27:23 PM Arelex  Maybe focus on the more "religious" aspects of Chaos?
9:27:35 PM Arelex  It might be what holds them together instead of fragmenting so easily, after all.
9:27:49 PM Froggy  It's a pity we can't call them the Wordbearers.
9:28:29 PM Arelex  Seers, Deep Gazers, The Learned, The En"dark"ened.
9:28:49 PM Brennus  The Abyssal Seers
9:29:18 PM Arelex  The White Eyes, like how seers often have cataracts and are blind and such?
9:29:23 PM Arelex  or something similar?
9:29:45 PM Arelex  Go full Sauruman's "White Hand" style?
9:30:23 PM Arelex  Or maybe in mockery of the Imperium, call them "The Purified/The Pure/The Cleansed/The Unstained"?
9:30:29 PM Brennus  The White Spirals
9:30:45 PM Brennus  I like "The Unstained"
9:40:31 PM Brennus  Unstained Host?
9:40:38 PM Alexandri  That's good.

We also had a bit of discussion on the Komra:

5:39:37 PM Arelex  Are they hostile to the Imperium? And did they wind up allied to that Tau coalition or whatever it was?
5:39:46 PM Froggy  I wanted the Komra somewhat dispersed so that a theoretical cross-over campaign with all factions wouldn't have to stay in one area.
5:41:07 PM Arelex  Mmk. Well, if they're in the Core, then that sounds like a thing that the War Scribes would confront at some point, if they're hostile abhumans.
5:41:18 PM Arelex  Is that correct?
5:41:22 PM Froggy  They get conquered shortly before the Heresy.  The Cult of Krenz are hostile to the Imperium but probably have an understanding with the Dark Eldar.  Chelob Hold and her colonies are quasi-Imperial.

5:51:06 PM Brennus  Do Cult of Krenz psykers eventually turn to mechanical bits, or solid metal?
5:51:59 PM Froggy  Brennus, I think I wanted them to be petrified (turning into Krenz stone).

6:01:45 PM Aubrey  That's Lord Snake Man to you loyalist. Spess Dorfs are always fun.
6:01:57 PM Aubrey  It's a way of re-introducing runes other than brennus
6:02:20 PM Aubrey  It's my belief that using runes is like sealing magic.
6:02:24 PM Froggy  Hmm.  I don't currently have them doing a rune thing.  Is that a big omission?
6:02:34 PM Brennus  It doesn't have to be runes
6:03:02 PM Aubrey  Dorfs have always kinda known for not being magical/magic resistant.
6:03:17 PM Aubrey  I think that the dorfs should be semi-blank, if you catch my drift.
6:03:23 PM Brennus  The Thunder Kings have kind of evolved to use notOgham script, maybe the Komra can have hieroglyphs or something
6:03:57 PM Froggy  Yeah, I've given them that by having them quite resistant to the touch of Chaos and with fairly limited psykers.
6:04:10 PM Froggy  (They are human, so they have the psyker gene in the bank.)

And the Sisters of Battle came up too!
8:04:13 PM Alexandri  Proposal 1: Full Sororitas.
8:04:51 PM Brennus  Sexy Jesus Look
8:05:07 PM Froggy  Sexy Jesus stuff is key.
8:05:21 PM Aubrey  Oh god
8:05:49 PM Froggy  Having the Church-based army be the most overtly sexualized is the kind of thing that 40k used to be more about.
8:06:04 PM JaegerWolf  So, if they fight in a vacuum does that make them sexy space Jesuses?
8:07:29 PM Froggy  Obviously.

8:16:36 PM Froggy  Anyway, was there a particular mechanism by which you wanted them to regulate the Adeptus Astartes?  Or are they just a counterweight?
8:16:36 PM Brennus  They're like wobbly legs holding up a rickety chair
8:18:42 PM Arelex  "regulating" Astartes is gonna be tricky.
8:19:31 PM Alexandri  I think they know how to fight them, trained to fight them, and other such things. They also have power armor and heavy weaponry the guard doesn't have in spades.
8:19:34 PM Brennus  You need the weight of numbers, and equivalent (if not superior) tech.
8:19:41 PM Froggy  I guess Inquisitors being able to say, "And if you step out of line, I will drown you in musclenuns" does help.
8:19:43 PM Alexandri  They can be a good, strong hand of the Inquisition.
8:20:18 PM Brennus  Unless the chapter is falling to Slaanesh, Froggy. That might just be an encouragement. Wink

All in all, it was a good time! Wanna read the whole thing and see all of our discussion? Just go here: http://pastebin.com/nsJjq5h6 Or, send $10 to this station care of "The Brennus Variety Show Power Hour."
TwistofCain
TwistofCain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumey Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:21 am

I'm slightly disappointed that the Snake-based names didn't make the highlights list. I guess I shouldn't have held back with "Asp Lords". cat
Lumey
Lumey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down