The Hektor Heresy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siege of Terra

2 posters

Go down

Siege of Terra Empty Siege of Terra

Post by Lumey Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 am

I know that there is much love for World War 2 analogies, but it seems to me that the Siege of Vienna is a much closer, more obscure, and perhaps richer parallel.  I particularly like the idea of a plague weakening the defences and the commander spitting on a demand to surrender.  It might even be fun to have Hektor delay the invasion of Terra because he doesn't want the Chaos Legions to ravage his homeworld, allowing much-needed Imperial reinforcements to make it back to humanity's cradle.
Lumey
Lumey

Back to top Go down

Siege of Terra Empty Re: Siege of Terra

Post by TwistofCain Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 am

I'm reading the outline of this battle and I like it a lot. I definitely approve of working some of these elements into the Siege of Terra. Perhaps it is that delay that ultimately forces Hektor to teleport down to the planet and fight The Emperor mano a mano. Of course, the Void Angels already kind of mirror the charge of the Winged Hussars, so that works out well cherry

Speaking of the duel between Hektor and Big E, where did we land on the whole daemon possession thing? I liked the idea of a Primarch variant of a Spawn, it just seemed so appropriate.
TwistofCain
TwistofCain

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum